Colonial Circle - Table of Contents
74 Colonial Circle, Buffalo, New York
|Architect:||McCreary, Wood & Bradney|
petitions by home owners, Bidwell Place was renamed Colonial Circle in
1909 by the Parks Commission. (Research by Central Library
James Napora, History of Richmond/Elmwood Area
Elmwood West Historic District Nomination
Built for Ralph Connable
Architect: McCreary, Wood & Bradney
2 1/2 story cross gable house with Tudor Revival styling; flagstone foundation, brick watertable, half-timbering/stucco finish.
Centered partial width shed roof, open front porch with Tuscan columns; front gable roof dormers with 9 light wood windows, elsewhere 6/1 double hung wood windows.
|August 2019 photos
Facade - South elevation on Colonial Circle
Facade ... Tudor Revival
Facade .. Dormer: Bargeboards ... Half-timbering ... Casement windows with nine lights
Half-timbering ... 6/1 lights
Facade ... Tuscan columns ... Capital details below:
Facade ... Tuscan columns
|East - View from Richmond
House facade is at the left background
|North elevation - View from
North elevation ... Twin gable roofs with bargeboards ... Half-timbering ... Chimney detail below:
North elevation ... Chimney hood
North elevation ... Drop finial in the center of bargeboards ... Note width of the eaves
North elevation ... Half-timbering ... Blind arcade ... Shed roof
North elevation ... Bargeboards ... Half-timbering
North elevation ... Half-timbering
Photos and their arrangement ?2019 Chuck LaChiusa.
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..
web site consulting by ingenious, inc.