Trinity Episcopal Church - Table of Contents

Exterior - Christ Chapel
371 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY

Built: 1871
Architect:
Arthur Gilham

Celtic cross: The Celtic cross in the courtyard was added in 1906. A. Philmister Proctor, sculptor of the lions at the base of the McKinley monument in Niagara Square, carved the pink Tennessee marble cross.


Click on illustrations for larger size -- and additional information

Left: Trinity Church; right: Christ Chapel

Gothic Revival style. Note Celtic cross in foreground

Pinnacle topped by finial

Gothic Revival style stained glass window. Note distinctive tracery.

Detail from previous photo. Stone tracery at left; acanthus leaf decorating a label stop

 

 

 

1906.Celtic cross

Detail from previous photo.

The Man represents Matthew (Revelation 4:6-11)

The Bull represents Luke

See History of Christ Chapel

The Eagle represents John

The Lion represents Mark



Photos and their arrangement © 2004 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index....|.. E-Mail ...| ..
国产亚洲欧美日韩一区_国产亚洲中文日韩欧美综合网_国产在线精品亚洲二区