Buffalo Athletic Club - Table of Contents

Historic photos and exterior - Buffalo Athletic Club
69 Delaware Ave. at
Niagara Square, Buffalo, NY

Erected:

1924

Architects:

Edward B. Green and Sons

Construction firm

John W. Cowper Company

Style:

Colonial Revival

Status:

Joseph Ellicott Local Preservation District

When the Buffalo Athletic Club was built, the residence of Stephen G. Austin was demolished. This house, which was also built by Benjamin Rathbun, was occupied by Mr. Austin in 1836 until his death in 1872. Mrs. Truman G. Avery, his daughter, was born in this house and lived there until the 1890s.


Click on illustrations for larger size -- and more information

Postcard

Postcard

1924 photo
(first of 6)

Main Entrance Lobby
2008 photos

Lounge

Grill Room

Main Dining Room

Office Building for Green Realty Company

City Court Building at right

McKinley Monument in foreground


Black & whote photos courtesy of Dr. Joseph Bieron
Color photos and their arrangement © 2002
Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

国产亚洲欧美日韩一区_国产亚洲中文日韩欧美综合网_国产在线精品亚洲二区