Rock - Table of Contents
Black Rock neighborhood, Buffalo, NY
Village of Black Rock was founded in 1813, annexed by Buffalo in 1854.
Boundaries: School Street, on the south, to what is now Austin Street on the north, between the Niagara River and the eastern boundary of the Mile Strip Reservation.
Scajaquada Creek served as the colloquial division between Lower Black Rock, north of the creek, and Upper Black Rock, south of the creek .
R. Arthur Bowler, The Burning of Buffalo Essay
Austin M. Fox, Historic Old Black Rock, Essay
Mark Goldman, First There Was Black Rock, Essay and illustrations
Joseph A. Grande, Black Rock's Peter B. Porter: Lawyer, Statesman, Soldier Essay
Francis R. Kowsky, et.al., , Black Rock and Riverside From "Buffalo Architecture: A Guide" Essay
James Napora, History of Black Rock EssayBlack Rock History Project Historic Photos
What Was the 'Black Rock' in Black Rock? Illustrations and text reprinted from "The Picture Book of Earlier Buffalo," 1912 Essay
Buildings & Sites:
Buffalo as an Architectural Museum: 1010 - 1379 Niagara Street
Market Square Historic District
"Black Rock Geology" Mural
Black Rock Lock
Breckenridge Street Church
Buffalo Smelting Co.
Jacob Schmidt House & Tavern
218 Dearborn St.
Engine #15 Fire Station
International RR Bridge
St. Francis Xavier RC Church / Buffalo Religious Arts Center
Smith House and Tavern
West Side Rowing Club / Frank Lloyd Wright's Fontana Boathouse
"We Are..." mural at Market Square Park
"The People of Black Rock sculptures
On other websites:Joseph A. Grande, Adventures in American History Series: Peter B. Porter and the Buffalo Black Rock Rivalry Brochure (online July 2018)