The People's Church / Niagara Square Baptist Church
Northwest corner, Niagara Square, Buffalo, NY
Located next to the
Sizer House
1851

The People's Church was formerly the Niagara Square Baptist.

This church was built of white brick in 1851 at at cost of $11,000. The towers were 100 feet high. In 1881, it was sold to the First Congregational Society.

In 1910 it was demolished. Presently a parking lot.


The Sizer residence at the right was in 1911 reconstructed into an office building for the Spencer Kellogg Oil Company.

1870 photo.
Niagara Square Baptist Church at far right

Illus. from 1888.

Photo taken after installation of the 1907 McKinley Monument





Page by Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.
国产亚洲欧美日韩一区_国产亚洲中文日韩欧美综合网_国产在线精品亚洲二区